I suggest you ...

make a user's favourites public

I wish to look at what other people are marking as favourite & I wish to import my favourites into some external site (friendfeed.com) via a feed.

Currently, this is not possible as any favourites related functionality requires signing in - and then you can only view your own favourites.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  David WinterbottomAdminDavid Winterbottom (Admin, Command-Line-Fu) responded  · 

Will look into this one from the importing point of view. There are already RSS feeds available for any list of commands (such as your favourites) see the links on the right-hand side of the appropriate. Although there is any issue with authentication so you idea is probably right.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • codspiritcodspirit commented  · 

This would be very similar to Popular I guess ...

• grepgrep commented  · 

Please don't make these public for privacy reasons (at least make it an option)

• GrahzamGrahzam commented  · 

CommandlineFu is awesome, like delicious.com for bash! I use delicious a lot, and want to see the same "public sharing" feature as delicious.com/username, in the form of commandlinefu.com/username for shared commands.

• David WinterbottomAdminDavid Winterbottom (Admin, Command-Line-Fu) commented  · 

Have added an experimental version of this. A page of any user's favourites is available at /commands/favouritesof/<username>. There is also an RSS feed of this page available so you can import your favourites into Friend Feed and similar sites.
        Haven't quite worked out how to integrate into main site but will soon. Please let me know any suggestions for how to make it better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base