Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David WinterbottomAdminDavid Winterbottom (Admin, Command-Line-Fu) commented  · 

I'm sorry about the horrendous delay on this. I have a busy dayjob and 2 small children, which leaves close to zero spare time for hacking on things.

I've added the message about lack of support for Google's openID

• TommyTommy commented  · 

It is wonderful that this will be part of the new version. But why dont you invest 2 minutes and add a remark on the old page "Dont try Google OpenID it does not work" This would have saved me half an hour of my life. And I am not sure how many other users. Please put it directly under the box. *angry

• XaS XSSXaS XSS commented  · 

Pretty please ! \o/ It seems not to work ATM ...
        I tried the suggested URL, as well as my google+ profile URL and various google URLs containing my username, to no avail.

Plus adding this feature will probably allow more users in :)

• ashwin kesavanashwin kesavan commented  · 

I tested with my google open id. It doesnt work. commandlinefu i want this. Please implement and can you let us know if this cant be done ? and also why it cant be done. I see this was asked way back in Aug 2009 and it is now march 2012 and still not done. i wonder why. Can you close this thread with the reason or point to the resource where there is the reason.

• VargasVargas commented  · 

I'm not aware of the OpenID implementation details but, shouldn't this already work by default? Isn't the google account openId URL a valid OpenD identifier?

• Cheng HoCheng Ho commented  · 

Please vote this! We really need this feature to be implemented.

• Rupert Madden-AbbottRupert Madden-Abbott commented  · 

Tried to sign up today but I don't want to create an account or setup another OpenID. I know that Google's implementation relies on a proprietary discovery method but it is better supported on the sites I visit regularly.

• elieli commented  · 

This is an absolutely crucial barrier to entry for me participating in the commandlinefu community. Having to create another OpenID will do exactly what OpenID is built to fix, it will splinter my online world.

• jbsnyderjbsnyder commented  · 

Indeed. I'm not sure I understand why attempting to sign up with the Google OpenID url doesn't work at all? Also, it would make sense to have a similar list of options to pre-populate the OpenID field as is done on this uservoice site, Stack Overflow & Server Fault.

• josiah.truasheimjosiah.truasheim commented  · 

I agree, something like this would be great!
        Stack overflow and server fault have support for this (stackoverflow.com & serverfault.com)

Feedback and Knowledge Base